By using Astoria Dry Cleaning Services’ (“Astoria”, we or us) services, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Astoria will charge the cleaning cost of all items on our price list, unless you believe the depreciated value of your garment exceeds ten (10) times the cleaning charge. In such case, please declare the value in which the garment will be cleaned at 1/10th of the declared value.
- Liability for any reason (including but not limited to lost or damaged items) is limited to the lesser of ten (10) times the cleaning cost or the depreciated value of the item as determined by the International Fair Claims Guide published by the International Fabricare Institute (IFI), not exceeding $150.00 whichever is lowest. Once the item has been compensated, it remains the property of Astoria.
- Astoria’s liability shall be limited to the terms contained herein and shall only apply to the individual item which has been damaged or lost. In the event that items are priced in one lump sum or are part of a set (such as curtains or cushion covers) and should any damage occur which is the fault of Astoria, the liability shall be based upon ten (10) times the apportioned cleaning cost for that individual item (part of a set).
- Kindly remove valuable, personal or ornamental items attached to or left on the garment. Astoria is not responsible for the loss of item(s) not removed prior to cleaning.
- Astoria shall not be liable for items with a defect in the design, material, dyes or construction, have residual stains or have accessories or ornaments which don’t withstand cleaning. Any damage or stains discovered before cleaning are to be taken as having occurred before collection.
- Astoria shall not be liable for garments without any care label affixed to the garment. Your items will be cleaned according to the care label, unless specified by you. If there are no care labels, your item will be cleaned according to our experience.
- Astoria shall not be liable for loss or damage due to load wash service (wash by per kg).
- Please check upon collection on the number and condition of items. If you are not present to give us or receive your items, your appointed receiver will be deemed as acceptance of our terms and conditions. Astoria will not be liable for claims relating to missing items after collection.
- Any claims or irregularities with respect to the condition of your garment must be made within (24) hours from the time the garment/item is collected.
- Astoria will do our utmost to remove stains, however there is no guarantee that every stain can be removed on all fabrics. We will not waive charges due to our inability to remove a stain.
- Astoria will attempt to note down on your invoice of any damage or stains relating to your items, however they are not to be deemed as conclusive or final, as our operations’ staff will do a final check before cleaning. Hence, we make no warranty for the completeness of these descriptions.
- Astoria will contact you for the collection of items, if collection is not made after two (2) weeks from our store. Garments left for more than two (2) months will be donated to charity of our choice, with no further claims against Astoria.
- Kindly inform our staff of the delivery location when your items are dropped off at our stores or collected at your location.
- A transportation fee will be applied for every rescheduled visits.